- Vast Oil and Gas Potential.
- Attractive Incentives.
- Environmental Regulations.
- Reduced costs for energy through the gas-to-energy project and investment in renewables.
- Onshore and offshore oil exploration.
- Expand the hinterland electrification program.
- Equipment for wind farm development.
The Government of Guyana is pro-business and therefore believes in creating an enabling environment to facilitate investments which will, in turn, spur economic growth in all sectors (traditional and non-traditional). Some of these include:
- Providing tax incentives for new investments, re-tooling, and technological improvements.
- Establishing industrial parks/estates for manufacturing in coastal and hinterland regions.
- Establishing a fund to stimulate innovation and new businesses;
- Providing complementary infrastructures such as roads, bridges, airstrips, training institutes, etc.
- Exempting the payment of Duty and VAT on all critical building materials and equipment.
- Dockyard and shipping building: Exemption of Duty and taxes are available for the operation of dry-docking facilities.
- Recycling: Exemption of Duty and VAT on all machinery and equipment used.
- Land availability.
- ICT liberalization.